- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ TSP baking powder
- ¼ TSP cumin
- ¼ TSP garlic powder
- ½ TSP salt
- ¼ TSP pepper
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (Mexican mix or shredded cheese of your choosing)
- 1 15 oz. can strained and rinsed black beans
- 1 lb. cooked and cooked beef or pork chorizo- cooked and cooled
- 10 oz. package of queso fresco- crumbled
- 1 red pepper, 1 small onion, handful of spinach- chopped, sautéed and cooled
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium pan over medium heat drizzle olive oil and add chopped onions, red bell pepper and spinach. Cook until all the veggies have begun to wilt and onions appear translucent. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, almond flour, baking powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously making sure all the ingredients are well incorporated and the eggs are broken down.
- Next add Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, black beans, cooked and cooled chorizo, about ¾ of the 10 oz. block of queso fresco (crumbled) and cooled onion, bell pepper and spinach mixture. Mix well.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in the breakfast casserole mixture. Spread out evenly. Top with remaining queso fresco.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the middle of the casserole is no longer jiggly.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican style toppings and enjoy!