A healthy game day alternative! Crispy, crunchy and flavorful! Little and big kid approved!
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 eggs
- oil or cooking spray of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Blend sliced almonds, dried parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and smoked paprika in a food processor or blender until the mixture is a coarse consistency similar to dried breadcrumbs.
- Put the almond mixture on to a dinner plate. In a shallow dish whisk the eggs and add a dash of salt and pepper. Pat the chicken dry. One by one drench the pieces of chicken in the whisked eggs and then in the almond mixture.
- Place all the pieces of chicken into a large glass baking dish that has been coated with oil or cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the tenders over using tongs. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the chicken tenders cool for a bit then serve and enjoy! I like to cut them up and put them on a salad. They’re great for meal prepping! They’re also delicious dipped in honey mustard, hot sauce or cut up into nuggets for the kiddos! Enjoy!